Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Group Fitness

Ok, so I don't usually do posts about me, but there is some exciting news in my world. A couple of weekends ago, I attended an initial training to be an instructor for BodyPump which is a weightlifting group fitness class by Les Mills. It was three days long and about 8-9 hours each day. It was brutal and tons of fun all at the same time. I passed that portion of the training and then had to team teach 4 classes and then submit a video of me teaching an entire class. That video is off to the Less Mills office to be evaluated, but in the meantime I am able to teach as I await my official certification. I managed to accomplish all of that in less than 2 weeks because the teacher that was working with me at the gym is going out of town next week and wanted me to sub for her. SO, I'll be subbing for my first two classes next week. It all happened so fast, but it is a ton of fun and I am loving it. I'm hoping to do some subbing throughout the summer as people go on vacation and then maybe even squeeze my way into having my own class eventually :-) Here are few pictures from my training class a few weekends ago.


No comments: