Saturday, February 11, 2012

Trip to Michigan

The kids and I made a trip back to Michigan for a few days to see Great Granny and Grandpa Lloyd. I haven't been back for almost two years now and they hadn't even met Max yet. We stayed at my mom's house and made a couple of trips up to Flint. We had to give Granny and Lloyd some time in between our visits to recover. We also did some playing at Castaway Cafe, I did some shopping for the kids at the outlet mall, we visited with GG Becky, Bonnie and Aunt Donna, we visited my old dance studio and saw some friends that I haven't seen in about a decade, Alia got to have ice cream for lunch one day and I got to have my fill of Gus's breadsticks. Traveling with both kids by myself was tough ... I won't lie about that, but overall we had a really great trip. I'm so glad that we did it!

Grammy (my mom) doesn't have a bath tub in her apartment, just a stand up shower, so we had to give both kids baths in the sink. I wish I would have taken some pictures of Alia in there because that was pretty funny! They both absolutely loved it!

Alia and Great Granny

Max and Grandpa Lloyd

Great Granny with both kiddos

Alia and Grandpa Lloyd ... She sure loved him!

The number one favorite activity at Grammy's house was chasing and playing with her cat, Jane. Jane was a very good sport about it all! She had a few choice words for Max a time or two, but pretty much let them chase her and pet her and hug her.



Grammy had some really fun, giant stuffed animals to play with.

I love this picture!

Totally unposed picture ... Max just cuddling with Great Granny

No comments: