Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Baby Boy Update - 24 Weeks

Hey Everyone! I thought I would do a quick post here with a brief update since this seems to be a good way to get information out to all of the different sectors of the family. I had my 24 week check-up today and everything was perfect. Blood pressure good, pulse good, weight good, tests good, baby's heartbeat good, belly size good!! My doctor and I have chatted and I've decided that I don't want to go the scheduled c-section route unless I am past my due date and not showing signs of progressing. We will schedule a "just in case" date in the event that things go that direction. Otherwise, the plan is to keep a closer eye on me towards the end of my pregnancy to monitor the situation. I think the doctor and I are both secretly hoping that this little guy decides to come just a hair early in case he is as big as his big sister was at birth! We are not planning on doing any growth ultrasounds, since they aren't known to be very accurate and certainly were not with Alia. So, 24 weeks down and 16 to go!

No comments: