Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Nap Time"

Jason was out of town Tuesday-Thursday this week. Tuesday started out a little rough, Wednesday started out way too early and Thursday was actually a pretty darn good day. I had lots of fun with the kids and they had a lot of fun with each other. Nap time was pretty interesting at our house that day. Let me walk you through it ....

We got home from "school" and put Alia down for her nap. As is standard around here these days, Max and I played in his room for about 10 minutes before going in to check on Alia to find her in a poopy diaper and trying to "handle" it on her own (we've started taping her diaper closed to make this situation easier). So, I changed her diaper and then put Max down for his nap. He cried for quite a while, but eventually fell asleep. Alia was still awake at that point, so I peeked in on her again to find that she had taken off her pajamas and was trying to get them back on. So, I helped her get her pajamas back on and tucked her back in. Max woke up about after a 30 minute nap, I nursed him right away in hopes that he'd fall back asleep, but that wasn't in the cards. At this point Alia was still awake and had her pajamas off again. I decided to just forget it and wave the white flag on nap time for the day.

Max and I went into Alia's room and he was leaning for her and reaching for her so I plopped him down in bed with her. He thought it was just about the best thing in the entire world and only got better when she started jumping in the bed to entertain him. I whipped out my phone and started taking video and just enjoyed the laughter and the fun!


No comments: