Sunday, July 15, 2012

4th of July

We had a really nice 4th of July. As usual, it was just about the first really nice summer day around here. Jason fired up the smoker, I made some festive treats and we enjoyed a nice afternoon with friends. We successfully got both kids to bed and sound asleep before any fireworks started around here and it didn't really interrupt any ones sleep. Phew!

Fourth of July breakfast ... star shaped pancakes and red, white and blue fruit

My festive treats ... sugar cookie dough baked in a mini muffin tin then frosted with cupcake frosting. This was my first attempt at the tri-color frosting and I think it turned out pretty well! I have a plan to make it better next time though :-)

Daddy, Max and Lovey cuddling outside

My gorgeous little girl!

Things got a little wild and crazy at the water table

Alia and her little buddy Baby Jack

I think this picture is so funny ... little monkeys!

No comments: