Sunday, July 15, 2012

BodyCombat

Just realized I'm a hair behind in some posting ... so I'll try to do a little catching up here. 

In June, I went to Washington for a weekend to attend a training to become a BodyCombat instructor. I'm hoping to add it to my list of Group Fitness classes that I am certified to teach. I passed my training class and then the next step was to videotape myself teaching an entire class. I then submit that, it gets assessed and if I pass, then I am certified. On July 1, I gathered some willing friends (and Jason) and taught my "mock class". I sent the video in that night and now I just WAIT and WAIT to see if I passed.

Tomorrow night I have an audition with 24 Hour Fitness to start teaching BodyCombat there. I just started teaching BodyPump there a few weeks ago! My goal is to slowly consolidate my teaching so that my schedule isn't so fragmented between so many places ... hoping to maybe even transition to teaching days when the kids are at preschool :-) Right now I am teaching BodyPump Tuesday and Thursday evenings at Cedar Hills Rec. Center and Saturday mornings at 24, as well as subbing at our gym. Craziness!

The following pictures are just from my phone and were taken AFTER class, so we are all sweaty and smelly and exhausted! So grateful for everyone that came and participated!



No comments: