Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's A Girl!!!





On Tuesday, July 29th we had our "big" ultrasound where we got the news that we are going to have a little girl!! Jason was a little shocked .... he was really thinking that it was a boy. I think he has adjusted to the idea of PINK instead of blue now. The most important part however, is that everything is looking good and development is on track. Baby was about 13 ounces and measuring within a day of my due date (December 14th) which is great. The ultrasound was easily the coolest experience of my life. It takes almost an hour which we loved, because we got to sit and stare at our little one on the screen that whole time. I have started to feel some little movements and kicks starting about a week before the ultrasound, but it was amazing to me just how much she was moving around in there. Now I am moving into planning mode (surprise, surprise, huh?) and starting to decorate the baby's room and get us ready to be parents (yikes). Everything feels so much more real now that we can refer to the baby as "she" instead of "baby" or "the peanut" as we were calling her. We don't have a name picked out yet. We were all set with a boy name, but haven't really been able to narrow the girl's names down to less than three or four. I am now almost 23 weeks along, so I am past the halfway point. I am feeling pretty good and my energy is as close to normal as I think it is going to get during pregnancy. We go in for our next check up on August 28th!



1 comment:

Carl and Leigh Ann said...

Yeah! We are so excited for you and Jason!